I know this holiday season isn't what anyone planned for, so lets try to make it better with some baked goods. This zucchini bread is so delicious and pairs perfectly with spreadable butter!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of each granulated sugar and firmly pack dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoon of maple flavoring
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini (about 3 medium size)
- 2 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons of each salt and baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- sesame seeds (to sprinkle on top)
Beat the eggs in a mixer until frothy. Add the oil, sugars, molasses and maple flavoring. Mix until thick and foamy. Add the shredded zucchini.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and walnuts.
While mixing on low add the dry ingredients. Once combined spoon evenly into 2 (standard sized 9x5) loaf pans. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (if using smaller pans about 45 minutes) or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then cool completely on a rack.